Preparatory Division Policies for Piano and Voice
Tuition and Payment
Tuition is non-refundable and payable in two advance installments for 14 lessons per semester.
- The first payment for Spring 2017 is due Wednesday, January 18, 2017 and the second payment is due Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
- Payment: You may pay online with a credit card, or by check. There is no charge for credit card use.(a) For online payments: please go to marketplace.uidaho.edu and follow these instructions.
- Using the “Select A Store” pull-down menu at the top left of the page, select “LHSOM Preparatory Division.”
- Select “LHSOM Prep Division Tuition Payment.”
- Please refer to your bill to enter your payment amount. Click “Add to Cart.”
- Enter the student’s name and click “Continue.”
- Click “Checkout.”
- Enter your e-mail address, OR register with Marketplace on the right side of the page. (If you register, you can store your credit card information for next time.)
- Click “Continue to Payment.”
- Enter your credit card details and checkout. You will receive an email receipt. Please retain this for your records.
(b) Paying by check: after you receive your bill, you may pay tuition by check in person at the Lionel Hampton School of Music main office, or mail it to Vickie Kersten, Lionel Hampton School of Music, University of Idaho, 875 Perimeter Drive MS-4015, Moscow, ID 83844-4015.
- Checks must be made out to “LHSOM Prep Division.”
- Please note that non-payment of your bill will result in the discontinuing of lessons. There will be no refunds or prorating for tuition already paid if the student leaves the Preparatory Division in the middle of a semester. The Preparatory Division no longer offers sibling discounts.
- Because of our shared facilities with the University and unique roles of the piano staff as student-teachers, absences will be only made up at the discretion of the teacher with a maximum of two (2) per semester. Please note that make-ups are typically limited to lessons missed because of (a) illness or (b) a serious family emergency. Teachers will not be required give make-up lessons for vacations, sporting events, or parents’ work schedules or for missed lessons without 24 hours notice
- There will be no refunds for missed lessons.
- The University of Idaho Preparatory Division reserves the right to terminate lessons without refund if it determines an unacceptable situation.
A regular practice schedule is vitally important to the success of each student. Each instructor will provide guidelines for effective home practice. The following items are essential. Please be sure:
— Student has daily access to an instrument in good working condition.
— Student maintains the specified daily (5-7 days per week) minimum practice.
— A regular practice routine is established and maintained; we recommend the same time each day, free from interference (phone, TV, siblings, etc.).
— Student follows the assignment carefully.
–All books and materials are brought to lessons/classes. If appropriate, an instrument in good working condition is brought to the lesson/class.
–Parent listens supportively to the practice session periodically. Younger students especially enjoy having a parent present (but not necessarily “directing things”) in the room during practicing. Parent sits in on lesson, when instructor deems appropriate.
- Preparatory Division students are highly encouraged to perform in solo recitals as directed by the teacher.
- Suitable concert attire must be worn (ask your teacher for details).
- Exemplary concert etiquette must be observed at all times.
- In our mission to provide a supportive and professional atmosphere, families are highly encouraged to remain for the duration of the recital they choose to attend.
- Exemplary conduct must be observed at all times by students and their families.
- Families must not leave students unattended on the University of Idaho campus.
Spring 2017 Calendar
January 18: First Payment Due
January 23: First week of Lessons
March 8: Second Payment Due
March 13-17: Spring Break (no classes)
April 22-23: Moscow Adjudication
April 29, 10:00am: Prep Piano Recitals
May 5: Last day of spring semester lessons
May 8-12: Make-up week